Become a Host Church
How will you and your church benefit from joining TMR?
- TMR supports the local pastor who may not have the time, training, or energy to adequately support those in their congregation dealing with relational, marital, or leadership crisis
- TMR provides relationship programs that can be offered to virtually all ages, addressing key topics including God’s plan for healthy sexuality, pre-marital counseling, reconciliation, parenting, and strengthening good marriages.
- TMR provides a transformational discipleship program to include direction, care, and accountability.
- TMR trains and educate your church’s leaders to be able to counsel, mentor, and facilitate the skills workshops.
What the process of joining TMR looks like?
- Confirm support from your church’s leadership and staff.
- Contact TMR about initial interest in becoming a host church.
- Develop a team of marriage champions (lay leaders) at your church who want to see this ministry flourish.
- Establish a clear, Christ-centered marriage ministry vision for your church and community.
- Send initial leaders to take a skills class at one of our other host churches and the TMR facilitator training (Level 1 & 2).
- Host initial Skills Classes at your site.
- Develop further marriage enrichment programs (i.e. workshops, date nights, counseling, marriage mentors, pre-married classes)
- Build bridges and collaboration with other TMR host churches.