Here are some everyday tools to help you put your marriage back the way God intended it to be; wonderful and incredible!
First be sure your life is submitted and surrendered to the Lord, Ephesians 5:21!
- Psalms 139:23,24; Before you complain ask the Lord to point out anything in your life that is not pleasing to him and remove it.
- Ask God have you loved according to his word (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)? If not try loving your spouse Gods way expecting nothing in return except for the joy knowing you are being obedient to your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- If there is something you have done to offend or hurt your spouse, go to them and apologize specifically for the thing you have done by looking them in the eyes (Colossians 3:13,14)
- Have some fun together! Both of you come up with 2 or 3 things you would like to do that are fun, and alternativley do them. You will be amazed what a date night or simply having some fun will do for your marriage.
- Pray and read the word, apart and together!
- Apply the FANOS Intimacy Exercise
A Daily check-in with your spouse to practice emotional and spiritual intimacy…
….from the Greek word that means “to shine or reveal”.
Take turns as each spouse checks in with the other. After the first spouse is finished, the second spouse shares with no interruption, advice or questions. Not until both spouses are finished do you allow for further discussion of encouragement and support.
FEELINGS- Share with your spouse a feeling you have.
AFFIRMATIONS- Affirm your spouse for something he or she has done.
NEEDS- State a need you have today (not necessarily one that must be met by your spouse).
OWNERSHIP- Take responsibility and apologize for something you have said or done.
SPIRITUAL: Check status on spiritual growth/goals.
If you have used the following tools and still have further questions contact us, Thank you and continue growing in Christ!